Period: One year contract (renewal upon available funding)
Starting date: July-August 2021
Application due: 20 June 2021
Salary: 4’000 CHF / month, over a twelve-month period
Full-time, based in Geneva (Switzerland)
About the position:
This position offers a unique opportunity for recent graduates and/or young professionals to implement the communications and social media activities of our organisation, which is the leading international non-governmental organisation working on prevention of torture. The Digital Communication Associate will work with all staff at the APT, in particular APT’s Strategic Communication Adviser, and under the supervision of the Deputy Secretary General. This is an entry-level position in the organisation, with opportunities for growth and learning.
- Manage APT’s social media sites – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, including posting messages and monitoring developments related to APT mandate
- Coordinate the mailing and translation of of APT’s e-Reporter in English, French and Spanish
- Design graphics and images for social media and community engagement, as well as posters and flyers as needed
- Record interviews and edit videos, including subtitles
- Contribute to the maintenance of the APT website, through publishing online articles and videos
- Photograph APT events, edit photos, and post photos online
- Promote APT events and in-country activities in APT’s social media
- Translation and proofreading of relevant communication materials, including website articles and Torture Prevention Learning Village materials
- Any additional support required for the implementation of APT’s communication and activities
- Degree in communications, marketing, in particular digital communications, or other relevant studies.
- Understanding of, and prior experience in managing social media (in particular Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook)
- Good command of publishing, editing and photo softwares, as well as design softwares, in particular Premiere Pro, PhotoShop and Canva
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Be rigorous and attached to detail a must
- Strong planning and delivery skills
- Strong interest in APT’s mandate and approach to torture prevention
- Be eager to learn and develop in the position
- Be flexible, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Be able to work as a member of a multicultural team and willing to participate in a variety of tasks.
- Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite.
- Previous experience in similar position in a non-for-profit organisation, either as intern, fellow or early entry position (maximum 1 or 2 years of prior experience)
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or French
- Good command of online programmes to design flyers and infographics
- Good command of Drupal
Please submit a cover letter (one page), resume (maximum two pages), and a sample of multimedia products (including posters, graphics, or videos) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 June 2021 (Midnight CET). Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.
APT welcomes applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic. Our policies encourage a workplace free from discrimination and any form of harassment.