Mobilise: Through its constructive approach, the APT mobilises States and civil society in favour of prevention through the following actions:
- Inspire innovative solutions to prevent ill-treatment;
- Inform that the risk exists everywhere, and that prevention works;
- Persuade that it is necessary to commit to prevention.
Accompany: The APT accompanies its partners on the ground by carrying out the following actions:
- Adapt its actions to the realities of each country;
- Advise and offer technical and legal expertise tailored to your needs;
- Equip and train thanks to its know-how and reference guides.
Protect: The APT helps protect the rights of all persons deprived of their liberty by:
- Making visible: the protection needs of all people locked up , in particular those in a situation of vulnerability;
- Gather: all stakeholders around the table to facilitate dialogue and the search for solutions;
Improve the law and detention practices.